My, how things have changed in the dating world since COVID 19!
Frankly, I’m really happy that they have. I believe the world, despite the immense losses we are experiencing with human life, money, social opportunities, businesses, et al, has needed a wakeup call to see the importance of relationships. Now is just that time.
The current scene:
We are homebound, bored, and many of us are experiencing loneliness from social isolation. WE ARE STARVED FOR A HUMAN CONNECTION. Many are acutely feeling this due to being unable to date. Many are experiencing sexual withdrawal. Those individuals who are co-dependent are most likely having the most impactful feelings because they rely on others for happiness. Others, like me, simply want to be out, feeling normal in the world, and enjoying the company of other humans to laugh and enjoy small things again.
However. There is a bright side.We have an opportunity to be with our thoughts and expand on them without fear.
How do we get through this-specifically “dating” during COVID 19?
We pivot, we adjust our swing, and we move onward.
For me, this has been an exceptional time to once again establish what is REALLY IMPORTANT in a partner. I have a “list” of things that I want and I have a list of what I NEED. The “Need” list outweighs the “Want” list. Much like buying a car with a leather interior, heated seats, all the tech bells and whistles, our wants are nice to have, but in a car, one seeks reliability over appearances. The same holds true for a future partner. I could go on and on about this, but you get the general idea.
Here’s what I want you to do RIGHT NOW!
- I want you to make a list of what you NEED and another list of what you WANT. Look at this list with a microscope and fine tune it as you review it periodically. The better your list, the better chance you will have of finding and attracting the love you deserve and want.
- Once you make your list, I want you to start looking at yourself. What are YOU offering to another person that will make them find you attractive (not talking about looks here!) and satisfy what they are also seeking?. In order to find that person, and for it to work, you need to drill down on what YOU offer. Are you also coming to the table ready to lean in and participate? (IF you aren’t, let’s look at why?)
- I want you to start using some mindset and visualization techniques. Start imagining this person in your life. By using visualization, you can see yourself with him/her and manifest it to actually happen. I have several case studies with friends who have done this and attracted their partners to them. Remember-LIKE ATTRACTS LIKE. How are YOU showing up?The Law of Attraction by Esther Hicks is a great resource. Here is a link to their website- https://www.thelawofattraction.com/what-is-the-law-of-attraction/
- Start thinking of doing some virtual dating. I’ll cover this in another blog, but think about it. I know, it’s odd, but what are the choices now?
- Consider hiring a dating coach to get you past your fears/anxiety/phobias, and have someone support you in learning how to date. I would be happy to help you in this exercise so when the world opens up again, you’ll be hands and toes above your competition to date, flirt, and select THE RIGHT PERSON for you.
For more information, please call me at 414-914-5715. All calls are confidential and I am eager and happy to help you. I can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org